Importance of Dental X-Rays
Dental radiographs are extremely important to dental care. While an oral exam performed by the dentist is valuable, the dentist cannot see everything. Radiographs (x-rays) show what is happening below the gumline, between the teeth and in the bone. Often radiographs detect dental issues that the patient cannot feel or is unaware of. These issues can then be treated before they become more complicated.
Benefits of Digital Radiography:
- X-rays are processed and viewable within seconds
- While traditional film x-rays were safe, digital x-rays use a fraction of the radiation
- Enhance digital images (such as alter brightness and contrast) immediately with computer software
- Ability to view dental images on a large computer monitor
- Digital radiography is more environmentally friendly