What to expect at your first appointment
If you have not already downloaded your forms from our website, please visit our Patient Forms page. Please read through the information, print and complete the forms and bring them to your first appointment along with your dental insurance card and picture identification.
For an initial appointment for adults we typically reserve one hour for a comprehensive exam and x-rays before scheduling a cleaning appointment. At this initial appointment, we will complete the following:
- Gather clinical records to include review of medical/dental history, blood pressure and medicine ramifications
- Necessary radiographs (digital x-rays). Please inform us as soon as possible if you have current x-rays from a previous office as there may be a frequency limitation from your insurance company which could result in additional out of pocket expense.
- Intra-oral photographs and study models
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Comprehensive head, neck and intra-oral exam
Following this appointment, Julie or Amy will coordinate appointment scheduling and answer any questions about insurance benefits or financial arrangements that you may have.
Your cooperation with scheduling and keeping appointments is greatly appreciated by us. Our office policy requires one full business day notice to change appointments in order to avoid a $75 broken appointment fee. Please call if you need to change or cancel your appointment. We are happy to accommodate appointment scheduling changes.
We are here to assist you in every way possible so please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns.